Established in 1909, Curry County was named after George Curry, Territorial Governor of New Mexico (1907-1910). Curry County was created from parts of Quay and Roosevelt counties and lies on the far eastern side of the state, adjacent to the state of Texas.
Curry County is 1405.9 square miles, making it one of the smallest counties in New Mexico. The County Seat is Clovis. Cities located in Curry County include Clovis, Melrose, Texico, Grady and Cannon Air Force Base. The approximate population for the county is 48,376.